HERE ARE SOME PARTICULAR CURRENT PRAYER REQUESTS AND THANKS...
Dear praying friends-
If you are thinking, “Gee, I don’t remember getting a prayer letter for August,” you’re right! I wrote it July 23rd because I was going on the road, and wanted to be sure to get it to you. And I just found it in my “Drafts” file. Ooops! Sorry about that! And thank you, to all of you that prayed, even without the letter. It was a great month! And here’s how you can join us in thanks and prayer for September…
– I got a good deal of quality time with my family this past month. It was rich.
– The annual all-church picnic at Y Camp Winnebago was a huge success- one estimate was 700. Great diversity, well put together, good food, good fellowship, great day!
– 28 people were arrested on charges of sex trafficking, names and pictures posted in local media. Two local lingerie shops charged with prostitution and shut down.
– The development of a multi-church community development organization on the northwest side of Rockford
– an excellent men’s cookout, hosted by 1st Covenant Church, where I got to speak on the need for unity in the body of Christ
– a great visit from our friend Jerry McCarty, who is a bridge builder and missionary globally with Activate Global. He is one of our international Bridge partners…
– a growing Christian presence in the Y locally, nationally, and globally, and our continued great partnership with them here.
– the quarterly Bridge board meeting September 12 at noon
– healing the divisions in the county board
– the right few people to be found for our board
– the development of a Christian ministry advisory team for the Y, and a first meeting, soon.
– blighted neighborhoods to become beautiful neighborhoods
– continued direction and provision in the development of the Family Peace Center
– a broadened engagement by churches in One Body Collaborative
– discernment in how to respond to opportunities
– every house of worship and every ministry to experience renewal and revival
Thanks for all the prayer support, financial support, and love. We can’t do this without you!